We are looking of some help (gardening, helping in a Community Store, general maintenance) in exchange or food and accommodation
We guarantee real Outback experience!
We have a cattle station – 285 km North East of Alice Springs. As well as running cattle, we also have a store servicing the local community and a small tourism business, Aboriginal Art Gallery including.
Our homestead is located 27 km away from well- known Tower Rock, where you can enjoy climbing, hiking and watching the sunrises and sunsets.
If you are active person you are going to find here plenty of space for your exercise and outdoor activity.
Every once in a while we also have ‘get together’ dinners and BBQ!
We have fully equipped staff quarters with a large kitchen, dining area and accommodation for our helpers. Depend on your skills your duties might be helping in our Store, gardening, cooking, cleaning, maintenance and other general jobs on the station.
Also we provide transport to and from Alice Springs (usually we go to the town every Wednesday), pick- ups on the appointment.
If you are interested, please read all the information about our station and stay conditions provided below:
- Currently, due to accommodation restrictions we can not take couples.
- Good English is important to help in the Store. We are dealing with Aboriginal communities every day and language skills are extremely important.
- Flexibility is a good advantage as sometimes you might be schedule to work half day in the Store and half in the garden.
- No vegetarians, we are cattle station :)
- Min. 4 weeks stay ONLY.
- We require 6 h of work a day (depends on your duties)or 35h a week for 2nd Year Visa in exchange for food, beverages, accommodation. We also provide linen, towels and WiFi (only browsing, no downloads).
- There is no mobile coverage at all.
- You are going to need boots, a hat, sunscreen and a torch.
- We can sign 2nd Year Visa.
- Our Station in located in a very remote place so make sure you have got everything you could possibly need before pick- up.
- Be prepared to get dusty (it’s a desert).
- We use bore water for everything except food and drink preparations.
- We run on generator so power is provided in limitation between 8am till 10pm daily.
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Mt Swan Station
Member since: September 2014