Please consider the below prior to contacting us:
- We are an exchange opportunity only.
- We are not able to assist with 2nd Year Visa.
We are a small holding of 13 acres in the Sunshine Coast hinterland, 1 hour north of Brisbane, on which we biodynamically grow the highest quality blueberries in Australia. Only 9 kms to Beerwah rail line, you have access to many sites on the coast such as Noosa, Mooloolaba and Caloundra, plus hinterland icons such as Maleny and Montville.
Picking time is is just starting, and so it is time to prepare by undertaking a range of tasks to ensure the best possible outcome for our produce.
The primary task will be:
- Picking, sorting and packaging blueberries
Followed by the below as time permits:
- Weeding the blueberry rows,
- Mulching the blueberry rows,
- Potting up plants into bigger pots; and
- Lawn mowing just to name a few.
Joining our family includes helping out with the daily/general tasks like:
- Feeding and tending the goats and chickens
- Collecting eggs of course :)
- Light housework (we just all help to get it done)
- Assisting in maintaining the vegetable gardens and plant beds.
We are looking for a couple, or 2 or 3 friends, who are interested in learning about biodynamic activities and in how we grow blueberries in a sub tropical environment, and who are keen to fit in as part of our family life.
We request about 4 hours per day (some days more, some less depending on the weather) per person in return for comfortable sleeping accommodation in groovy refurbished retro caravans. These are undercover and are just a few metres from the house. Facilities (eg bathroom)are located in the main house, with kitchen and living room.
We expect that our helpers will have a great work ethic, have a positive outlook and be self motivated as you will be required to work independently with little or no supervision for several days of the week.
Benefits to enjoy during your own time include:
- swimming in the in ground pool
- enjoy walks along the river and beyond
We look forward to hearing from you.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: September 2016
Farming, Animals & Conservation