Trailer Skips Canberra (a family owned local business) requires a subcontract driver to deliver and take our tipping trailer based skips to the tip.
Availability 7 days a week preferred.
You will need to supply your own "tow" vehicle, preferably a ute, 4WD or station wagon.
Payment is on a contract basis per move.
Flexible hours; about 10 hours per week
No time pressure; enjoy a chat with our clients.
Towing and backing experience is required, but further training can be provided.
Last year my driver grossed approximately $15,000
Pick up and deliver 8'x5’ tandem trailers to/from clients for them to fill as skips;
• Offload (tip and perhaps some hand unloading of selected items for recycling);
• The trailers are 8’ x 5’ tandems with high sides and manual winch tippers;
• Maintain excel spread sheet of jobs, location of skips and payments;
• Collect some cash payments;
• Communicate effectively with clients and proprietor;
• An average skip collection, transport, offload and delivery to next job takes 1-2 hours;
• Subcontractor to provide own vehicle and fuel, phone and internet access, and insurances.
• 7 skip trailers currently in use with average 5 loads a week
• This business has been running for approximately 8 years and is the only business of this type in Canberra, although similar businesses operate in other cities.
The business is very much the same as a truck based skip business, with some advantages:
The tandem trailers are dropped off at a customer’s sites/homes, they fill them, we then collect them and dispose of the contents;
• We can often get a skip closer to the clients rubbish due to our smaller vehicle than alternative skips using a truck, including battle axe blocks, under buildings, through gates into back yards, in or through carports or garages, in townhouse developments or just down a driveway to the garage;
• The rear doors open for easy loading;
• Due to the small size of our business, we can generally do quick deliveries and collections, and accommodate a lot of clients requirements; and
• To our knowledge, we have the cheapest 4, 5 & 6m3 skips in town
The average load weighs about 600kg, plus the skip trailer at about 700kg.
Please visit our website for more information about our business.
Please email or post applications only.19 Eildon Place Duffy ACT 2611
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Trailer Skips Canberra
Member since: December 2016