• Saturday day shifts available
• Excellent hourly rates – Saturday rates for Melbourne Cup (Tuesday 7th November)
• A great way to supplement your income and still have your Saturday nights free
• Up market restaurants, private suites and bars
We want you to join the team!
Leading up to the Spring Racing Carnival we are looking for highly skilled Function / Restaurant / Barista /Beverage / Wait Staff to join our team
What are the dates?
Shifts are available throughout Spring Carnival 2017 season which runs from October 21st to January 1st 2018 and in particular on the following major race days:
• Saturday, 21 October 2017: Opening Day at Ascot Racecourse
• Tuesday, 7 November 2017: Melbourne Cup Day – Saturday rates will apply!
• Saturday, 25 November 2017: Railway Stakes Day
• Saturday, 2 December 2017: Winterbottom Stakes Day
• Saturday, 9 December 2017: Kingston Town Classic Day
• Monday, 1 January 2018: Perth Cup Day – Public Holiday rates!
Who are we?
We race all year round with Saturday race days at either Belmont Park (autumn/winter) or Ascot (spring/summer). The Perth Racing 2017 Carnival season is sure to be the best collection of thoroughbred racing and entertainment events through the spring and summer season. We are looking for qualified hospitality staff who want to be part of this exciting and dynamic atmosphere, who demonstrate our winning culture and practice our core values of: Integrity and Transparency, Leadership & Empowerment, Innovation & Excellence, Safety & Sustainability and Engagement & Understanding.
What are the positions?
Food and Beverage:
• Front of House – Host/Cashier and Function Attendants
• Retail – Barista
• Bar – Beverage Runners and Beverage Attendants
To be successful in these roles you will have:
• Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
• Availability to work Saturday day shifts essential
• Availability to work on Melbourne Cup (Tuesday 7th November) and Perth Cup (Monday 1st January) preferred but not essential
• Ability to work in a fast paced and diverse environment
• For Function Staff:
o Ability to do 3 plate carry, 5 plate clear with professional tray service (desirable)
o Wait staff experience with table and/or cocktail service (desirable)
• For Beverage Attendant Staff:
o Ability to pour the perfect beer (desirable)
• Excellent communication skills that are expected in a corporate setting is essential
You will be reliable, punctual, impeccably groomed and stand out for your exceptional customer service.
In return you will enjoy:
• Great conditions including car parking
• Vibrant and dynamic atmosphere
• Close proximity to public transport
If you’ve got what it takes to be part of our exciting Carnival season APPLY NOW via Perth Racing website (link below). Should you be successful you’ll be invited to attend an interview. Don’t miss this exciting opportunity! Apply before 30th September 2017.
Please note only short listed applicants will be contacted. Only candidates with Australian work rights should apply.
Visit our 'Careers' page under 'About Us' on our website to apply.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: August 2017