Are you a go getter looking for a change? Are you someone who loves the water and kids? Do you have great communication skills and are easy to get along with? We have a great reputation teaching little ones how to swim, and we're pretty good at it. You will need lots of energy, leading our instructors to teach children to improve their water skills and enjoy their lessons.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic swimming instructor: who can teach, lead, develop and continue to grow our operations for our family focused community based swim school! They must be able to coordinate our Learn to Swim Program through its next phase of development.
You will be required to maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of all aspects of our swimming program and services along with keeping abreast of educational trends and industry development and updating of programs where required. Promoting the business to the local community will be another focus, you will need to have a thorough understanding of water safety and be willing to present to children at pre schools and child care centres.
This position has the opportunity to become full time and requires a motivated person who demonstrates a balanced professional persona and is dedicated to Aquatic Education delivery with a minimum commitment of 12 months. You will be required to teach a set number of hours each week as well as complete a set number of admin hours, and on occasion, you will also be required to cover shifts of other instructors. There is also the opportunity of combining your role as an OOSH educator as well as a coordinator, where you can perform your coordinator role, teach children to swim but have a fundamental role as part of our OOSH program, providing a permanent full time position.
• Relevant Tertiary Qualification
• Current AUSTSWIM/Swim Australia Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
• Current AUSTSWIM/Swim Australia Teacher of Infant and Pre-School Aquatics
• Current Resuscitation Certificate
• Current First Aid Certificate
• Minimum 3 years swim teaching experience
• Supervisory experience in a swim school
• Relevant tertiary qualifications
• Proactive and solution focused approach is essential
• Strong communication and training skills required to rollout new and modified procedures
• Proven record of leadership and ability to provide direction to staff
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask.
• Market and promote the swim school to the local community
• Presentation skills which will come into play when preparing and delivering presentations to childcare centres and pre schools about water safety
• Working with Children and Police check are essential
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Croydon Tennis Centre & Funfitness Swim School
Member since: January 2017
Welcome to FunFitness Swim School.
FunFitness Swim School; located at Croydon Tennis Centre is a GOLD level AUSTswim and Swim Australia accredited swimming school, offering learn-to-swim programs for children aged 3 months through to adults. We start children from as young as 3 months old in our Mum's/Dad's & bubs classes through to adult classes, for those who have never really mastered water confidence.
Fun Fitness Swim School is an AUSTSWIM Recognised centre that has met health fund recognition requirements.
Our learn to swim program operates seven (7) days a week and we offer quality structured swimming programmes designed to develop confidence, skill level and water safety for all students.
Lessons are conducted in our enclosed heated (to 32degrees celcius) saltwater indoor pool where we provide a safe, healthy and fun environment to enable our students to improve their skills.
Our learn to swim programs are graded according to skill level