Want to work in a beautiful natural environment?
Want a real Australian experience?
Looking for somewhere to stay inbetween jobs?
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a couple or female workers (one or two friends) to help out on our 26-acre rural property in the hinterland of the Central Coast - about 90 minutes north of Sydney or 60 minutes south of Newcastle. In exchange for free accommodation and food, we want someone who can work about five hours a day. You can stay one week or one month - we are flexible. Minimum 2 nights for 2 days' work.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Work will include
- cleaning, clearing and painting some of the smaller buildings on the property.
- clearing, raking, weeding weeds and fallen trees, etc, on the property.
- general garden maintenance.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We are looking for people who are
- fit, willing and able to work physically on a rural property.
BENEFITS & CULTURE
We are a family of six (a couple with four children under the age of 10) who have moved from the city to the country almost two years ago. We are slowly bringing back to life a neglected property that has become overgrown with weeds. We are trying to restore it back to native vegetation and restore one of a stone lodge building into guest accommodation.
- Our home has been featured in a leading interiors magazine.
- Your room is spacious, light-filled and overlooks the valley.
- You will get to experience living in a natural environment in the Australian bush. We enjoy watching beautiful sunrises and sunsets from our home. We hear birdsong all day long. The surrounding properties have horses and cattle. We only have a couple of chickens.
- We eat good-quality wholesome food.
- We live a 10-minute drive to the closest town of Wyong (train, supermarket and services) and a 25-minute drive to local beaches (on the Central Coast).
- Prefer someone/couple who have their own transport.
- Ideally like someone who can stay at least a week at a time.
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: October 2017