Are you looking for an Australian Outback Experience?
Apply to work at Khans IGA Supermarket Bourke today!
The Khan’s IGA Group are looking to employ 2-3 Supermarket Assistants in the historical township of Bourke. This regional NSW location offers a uniquely Australian experience, with an immediate start on an industry award rate of $25.10per/hour. You can expect that you will be provided with on the job training and offered 35-38 hours per week over a 7 day rotating roster.
Key Duties Include:
- Greeting customers who enter the shop.
- Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for.
- Being responsible for processing cash and card payments.
- Balancing cash registers with receipts.
- Stocking shelves with merchandise efficiently and ensure stock is rotated
- Price mark merchandise in line with the supermarket’s policy.
- Answering queries from customers.
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor/manager.
- Keeping the store tidy and clean, this includes hovering and mopping.
- Dealing with customer complaints.
- Being on the look-out for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc.
- Receiving and storing the delivery of large amounts of stock
- Food handling of products from all categories within the supermarket.
- Maintaining a hygienically clean and safe working environment by adhering to Work, Health and
- Safety policies and procedures, monitoring of products and recording of results.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Grocery/Duty Manager or Supermarket Manager.
To be successful you will need the following:
- Valid Visa to work in Australia.
- Previous supermarket / retail experience and a RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) will be highly regarded.
- Supermarket Assistants should be physically fit as they will be required to stand for long periods of time.
- They should be able to kneel, bend and climb ladders to stock shelves.
- They must be able to lift boxes of products to be shelved and perform repetitive tasks.
- Have a friendly, helpful and polite personality.
- Be reliable, hard working and a quick learner.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
PLEASE NOTE – During the summer months Bourke can be expected to reach temperatures above 40’C, however our work site is fully air conditioned.
If you are interested or know of any other backpackers who may be interested, please apply immediately.
We look forward to hearing from you.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Dunpec Pty Ltd
Member since: November 2017