Appen, a language and technology company is looking for a native speaker of Canadian French to work on data collection projects.
• Start Date: ASAP
• Location: Chatswood, Sydney
• Duration: 3 to 6 months
• Hours and type of contract: 20 to 40 hours week, hourly casual employment
• Payment: AUD$25.03 p/h incl. superannuation
The work will involve posting online ads to recruit a large number of native speakers, for a specific target country, to record short prompts using mobile phones. The task would also involve opening new channels of online recruitment as well as using social media and other relevant recruitment websites to reach potential candidates.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Native speaker of French, from Canada (candidates from France not eligible)
• Excellent communication skills both in English and French (written and spoken)
• Current local knowledge of Canada
• Language skills must be current i.e. the language is still spoken and written regularly
• Active user of social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
• Good computational skills.
• Intermediate to Advanced Excel
• Attention to detail
• Must have Australian work rights
Preferred Knowledge/skills but not essential:
• Experience working with languages
• Experience with crowdsourcing type of recruitment (market research)
Appen develops high quality speech and language technology solutions namely used in car navigation systems, mobile phones, word processing packages, directory assistance, speaker verification tools and hand-held machine translation devices. Our staff comprises Linguists, IT professionals and Project Managers who collaborate to produce quality work in over 100 different languages for many of the world’s leading companies.
Member since: May 2016
Appen develops high quality speech and language technology solutions namely used in car navigation systems, mobile phones, word processing packages, directory assistance, speaker verification tools and hand-held machine translation devices.