Assist a 36-year-old single mother with an outgoing and positive attitude who is currently in a wheelchair recovering from an incomplete quad spinal cord injury to live a full life and help be her set of hands and legs for now. Also, to assist with the care of her two children aged 8 and 5, when in her care.
• Live in Position – Wednesday through to Sunday evenings
• Mondays and Tuesdays off but flexible with notice
• Generous remuneration package including; exceptional pay rates - rewards increase with experience, fully furnished bedroom with ensuite, free WiFi and power
• Experience in Disability preferred - further training provided
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide home care including light cleaning, laundry, meal preparation, household shopping
• Transportation to physiotherapy, other appointments and social outings
• Assistance with all aspects of personal care such as showering, toileting, dressing and grooming
• Assistance with stand transfers in and outside of home
• Support and assistance with children when in her care
The successful candidate must have the following:
• Current open driver’s license and ability to drive an SUV
• Care experience preferred but training will be provided
• Physically fit with a positive attitude is a must
• Can demonstrate that they can maintain privacy, confidentiality and a high standard of hygiene
• Experience in providing care and support to children
• Current First Aid Certificate
• Current Yellow/Blue Card (Police Check)
• Mature minded female between the ages of 21 – 45 (no couples please)
• Must speak fluent English
• Only apply if willing to live in
• Must be available to commence 22nd August, 2018 and commit to a minimum of six months
Please send your Resume along with a personalised Cover Letter outlining your experience and addressing the above criteria and any other documents relating to this position.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: May 2017
Healthcare & Medical