Situated beside Sydney’s iconic Harbour Bridge, Luna Park is one of the north shores most enjoyable entertainment precincts. With its signature views and spectacular fun filled attractions it is a unique and exciting place to work.
Luna Park is naturally a high-energy place, but we are also very fond of a caffeine pick me up when the need arises. Located just inside Luna Park’s trade mark face, Smiley’s Café has a part time position available for an exuberant specialist Barista to blend our favourite brews.
As a skilled artisan, you will have perfected the challenge of blending espresso with velvety bubbles of steaming milk in less than 10 secs, to ensure the coffee is served at its finest. Satisfying our coffee connoisseurs goes far beyond the ability to produce a top tasting cuppa. It is equally important you can engage and entertain your customers while perfecting the perfect brew!
Your personalised and engaging service must attract and satisfy a wide variety of customers, ranging from function and event delegates, ferry passengers, locals out for a harbourside stroll, amusement park attendees, contractors and team members.
As Barista, your key responsibilities may include:
• Preparation and sales of café menu items and hot and cold beverages including all the favourites such as, cappuccinos, espressos, long blacks and lattes;
• Ability to follow specific recipes and preparation techniques to ensure beverage freshness and consistency;
• Maintaining stock inventory, ordering and replenishing beverage supplies;
• Performing appropriate coffee machine cleaning and routine equipment maintenance;
• Providing a warm, attentive and entertaining customer service experience, as well as educating and attracting new customers;
• Apply safe food handling and use of hygienic techniques;
• Cash handling and POS sales.
Successful applicants will possess the following:
• 2+ years’ specialist experience as a Barista
• Expert knowledge of various types of hot and cold beverages
• Experience in an often-fast paced food and beverage environment
• Food safety training and HACCP experience
• WH&S awareness and practises
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Reliable, friendly and outgoing personality
• The ability to attract new customers and generate revenue
• Experience in cash handling, POS
• Creativity, and the ability to explore opportunities and new requests
• Flexibility to work across seven days, and within mobile vendors as required
• Reliability to work early morning shifts.
If you have crafted a career out of coffee, then ‘grind’ your way into the Barista position at Luna Park. Please apply now by visiting our website. Don’t forget to highlight how your personality is a perfect match to our smiley trademark face and tell us how you deliver attentive service with a ‘sense of theatre’?
Don’t miss a chance that could have ‘bean’!
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Luna Park Sydney
Member since: October 2014