We live in Hervey Bay, a small coastal town about 4 hours north of Brisbane in sunny Queensland.
I have an au pair position for someone to start mid July 2020 for 3-6 months my 6 & 8 year old sons.
The children are home-schooled but there is no rigid structure to their learning and I don't require any formal teaching. The only requirement is to spend time with them, play together, and look after them while I am at work.
I work full time in a varied shift-pattern with most mornings at home and the occasional night shift. Normally I work 4 days a week and know my roster 1 month in advance.
Expectations from our au pair would include:
- play and actively engage with the children inside and outside the house
- Driving licence
- Prepare food and snacks for the children when I'm at work
- Participate in home activities like a member of the family e.g. helping with meals, light cleaning, laundry etc.
- Regularly spending time outdoors with the children; beach, playground, nature, taking them to our social events etc.
- Bathe the children and put them to bed when I'm at work
- An average of three days off at week and sometimes longer stretches, good for little holidays to explore Australia!
- $400 per week, internet, phone contract, own room, and conditional use of a vehicle for local driving.
- Lots of time outdoors in pleasant weather and places
- Plenty of time with other adults and children
- We are very happy to share our daily life with you if you wish so, so you're welcome to join us in our adventures even when you're off duty.
Postcode: 4655 (Hervey Bay, Queensland)
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: March 2018