We live in Hervey Bay, a small coastal town about 4 hours north of Brisbane in sunny Queensland. I have two children, aged 7 and 9yo and I am looking for an au pair to start this May 2021 for 6 months.
The children are home-schooled but there is no rigid structure to their learning and I don't require any formal teaching. The only requirement is to spend time with them, engage, play together, and look after them while I am at work.
I work full time in a hospital with a varied shift pattern which also includes nights. From the end of June I will be working on a week-on-week-off basis.
Expectations from our au pair include:
- play and actively engage with the children inside and outside the house
- Driving licence
- Prepare food and snacks for the children when I'm at work
- Participate in home activities like a member of the family e.g. helping with meals, light cleaning, laundry etc.
- Regularly spending time outdoors with the children; beach, playground, nature, taking them to our social events etc.
- Bathe the children and put them to bed when I'm at work
- $400 per week, internet, own room, and conditional use of a vehicle for local driving.
- Lots of time outdoors in pleasant weather and places
- Plenty of time with other adults and children
- We are very happy to share our daily life with you if you wish so, so you're welcome to join us in our adventures even when you're off duty.
Postcode: 4655 (Hervey Bay, Queensland)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: March 2018