Hi, I am a single dad of two beautiful boys seeking the immediate assistance of a new live in Au Pair.
Quite simple, I work too much. Have a high level role in a construction company which sees me leave early for work, return late, and some in frequent business trips away. I require an Au Pair out of necessity, not convenience. Divorced for quite some time I have just entered into a relationship with a caring and beautiful girl, however still live apart. Having had many Au Pair’s over the years I value the importance in their role in caring for my kids when I am not there, yet value higher my time with the boys when I am there, and have always welcomed new members into the family and never treated them as just an Au Pair. I would really prefer someone already living in Melbourne so we can meet and greet prior, so I can get the tick of approval from the Boys, as they generally have a large say in who we hire. The role is available now (preferable six month minimum) with a potential immediate start if agreeable.
Two boys, 8 and 10, who really are kind hearted, well mannered, and on the large part well behaved, enjoy life and what it has to offer. They are still boy’s thoe, and at times get grumpy, answer back and fight with each other, normal boy stuff. I have noticed over the years that the Au Pairs that really engaged and connect with the boys have an easier role as the boys are better mannered and respectful, and more importantly you have fun. Those who simple do the school pick up, cook, and go sit in there room really offer no benefit to the family. The youngest loves to be outside playing sports, whilst the eldest is more inclined to be researching his next building project.
The role more specifically includes:
• Most importantly, care for, understand, and support the boys as they grow up on an emotional and practical level;
• Wake up when the boys do, talk, make them breakfast and walk them to School which is about a five minute walk. Make sure they are dressed, warm, and have lunch;
• On the very rare occasion that they are sick, pick them up from School, or care for them at home;
• Very minor house work including washing the kid’s clothes and making there bed. This is where you will retain a lot of your own free time;
• Pick the boys up from School, feed them again, check there school bag and understand what they did for the day. This is the most important time of the day when the boys will connect with you, and get to know you;
• Play with the boys, enjoy there company, not just leave them on their computer;
• Nightly dinner needs to be prepared and cooked for the boys and me, including washing up. This is only required because I get home too late, however when I am early and at home I always help;
• Help the boys clean up after themselves, as opposed to you cleaning up after them;
• Most weekends will be free with only an occasional requirement to look after the boys;
• Generally in the School Holidays you may have them for a week full time, however is generally replaced with a week off also (paid);
• Weekly wage will be $220 including free board and meals.
We are located in Patterson Lakes (near Frankston) and have a nice three story house that backs on to the Patterson River. The boys School is a five minute walk, the train station is about a 10 to 15 minute walk (bus available also) and the train takes about 45 minutes to get to Melbourne CBD. We live adjoining the river with great walking tracks and the Beach is only a 10 to 15 minute walk. You will have your own room with bed and linen, and a shared bathroom with the boys. Overall a very large and impressive house with views.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: July 2018