We require up to 5 staff to assist with Blueberry farm work with some banana and avocado farm work in the Atherton region, QLD.
Brief job description: You will be doing general blueberry farm duties, including building blueberry tunnels. You may be required to also undertake some banana work, such as banana humping or bagging, and some avocado picking/pruning. This work is physically demanding; summer time temperatures can be over 40 degrees celsius. Positions will commence Early December 2018 and are expected to last 6 months.
- Random drug and alcohol test’s may be conducted during the period of employment and drug tests may be required prior to beginning work*
Applications must address the selection criteria and all claims against the selection criteria must be substantiated. Any application that fails to do so will not be considered.
- Good fitness level with very high endurance
- Ability to acquire good speeds
- Ability to work in all weather conditions for long periods of times
- Ability to carry heavy loads for long periods of time
- Commitment to the full 6 months
- Ability to follow instructions and learn and apply new processes quickly
Applicants from outside the Atherton area must demonstrate a commitment to moving and living in the area for the period of employment.
Postcode: 4870 (CAIRNS REGION, Cairns)
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: September 2018