Ever dreamt of working and living in paradise?
Now’s your chance to Join the team at Ferntree Rainforest Resort situated at idyllic Cape Tribulation.
Ferntree’s has a new dynamic ownership team who will take this establishment to new heights.
Cassowary Restaurant will be undergoing refurbishment in November with total renovation of the kitchen.
The Chef is responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to deliver an excellent guest experience while assisting with food cost controls. The successful applicant will also have total responsibility and control of the kitchen in the Head Chefs absence.
Duties will include
• Prepare and present high quality dishes within company guidelines
• Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
• Prepare all mise en place for all relevant menus
• Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
• Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets
• Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
• Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
• Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
• Awareness departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
• Be environmentally aware
What we are looking for
The Chef working at Ferntree Rainforest Lodge is always working on behalf of our guests and with other team members.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values below
• Commercial Cookery Level 3 or 4, overseas equivalent or higher
• Previous kitchen experience in similar role
• Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
• Positive attitude
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure on own and in teams
• Experience with “sous vide” is helpful but not essential
• Own vehicle is required as Cape Tribulation is a remote area with no public transport.
Accommodation within the resort will be supplied to the successful applicant
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Ferntree Rainforest Lodge
Member since: January 2017
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism