30 acre horse property looking for 2 people travelling together.
We offer 3 hours of work every day in exchange for accommodation.
Accommodation is a double bedroom, built in robes, TV, private bathroom and private access to the house.
You will also have access to a large kitchen and games room. Games room includes use of pool table, air hockey, Wii, Playstation, dvds and more.
3 hours of work will include tasks such as:
- mucking out one stable
- cleaning paddocks
- tidying hay shed
- tidying tool shed
- house cleaning
We offer work in exchange for accommodation only. We do not offer paid work. HOWEVER.....because we only require 3 hours a day from you, we are happy for you to find paid work in the area and use our house as a base.
We are 45 mins from Brisbane, 20 mins from Gatton, 15 mins from Laidley and just a 2 minute drive to Plainland shops, restaurants and pub.
If you are looking for second year visa work - we are in the heart of the salad bowl and cattle country so you would be able to find fruit picking and packing or other farm work that will offer you pay and a second year visa whilst using our house as a base - so you would have no fees on accommodation.
If you are not fussed by working else where to earn more money and are happy to do the 3 hours a day for us in exchange for accommodation, then there are plenty of sights and spots to travel and explore.
- Cobb & Co Tourist Drive
- Brisbane CBD
- The Gold Coast
- Sunny Coast Beaches (1.5 hours from us)
- Wivenhoe Dam
- Lake Apex
- Cunninghams Lookout
To be the right person/people for this position you will have:
- your own transport (we cannot take you places, and there is no public transport - if you do not have a car please do not apply)
- ability to be clean, tidy and respectful of our home
- understanding that we are on tank water so showers are quick
- a love of animals (we have 7 horses, 2 cats, a dog and 2 chickens all free roaming)
- a hardworking get stuck in attitude
- the ability to follow instruction and complete tasks without being managed or supervised
- a want to see Australian country life
- be willing to travel to other places if you want paid work
Just to be clear:
- we DO NOT offer pay
- we ask 3 hours of work from you a day in exchange for accommodation
- we do not supply food
- we do not sign off second year visas
- we are happy for you to go off and find paid work in the local area
- you MUST have a car or some form of your own transport to get here and then to the shops, to a paid job, to sight see etc.
We usually have 2 people on at a time. We do consider solo travellers but you must be comfortable working alone - we work from home but are super busy so it can get a little quiet here. If you are happy to have some solitude and keep your own company then feel free to apply as a solo traveller.
We are very very close to Gatton Freedom Camp Ground which is a hot spot for students and Backpackers - we are happy for you to take a couples of days/nights off and go into the city etc.
If you are looking to experience Australian country life, have no expenses on accommodation, have a nice comfy and homily place to call base for a while, and love animals we welcome your application.
We are open to all lengths of time to stay with us - whether you need 1 week or 3 months we are happy to look at all options :)
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: March 2018
Farming, Animals & Conservation