Applications must have been living in Western Australia for the last 14 days and be able to relocate to Christmas Island mid July 2020.
This is your chance to live in paradise and experience the natural beauty of a remote tropical island! You'll be the sole chef/cook catering for between 1 and 6 guests. During your time off, you can explore the island's myriad of trails, swim in crystal clear 28 degree water, fish, bike, kayak, dive, cave or snorkel, photograph the amazing bird and crab life, fall in love with the laid back lifestyle and island living on Remote tropical island! You'll be based in town (accommodation provided, with functional though not expansive kitchen), where in the mornings you'll prepare picnic lunches for the guests to enjoy during their daily guided activities and in the afternoons you'll prep a three course meal using as much locally grown and foraged produce as possible. During periods where we don't have guests staying at the lodge, we would intend to keep you gainfully employed with helping maintain the lodge and simple cleaning duties. Your flight to Remote tropical island, accommodation and access to a car will be provided as part of your package. The contract will be from Mid July to January 2021 and you must be available during the Christmas / New Years period.
We will consider a contract for a couple were one person in the partnership can show strength and expereince in guiding / cleaning / admin and customer service.
What you would be doing:
The main things that you would be doing include:
· Food preparation,cooking, plating, presentation &serving.
· Engaging with the guests while serving their food.
· Maintaining and ordering stocks and supplies.
· Menu planning for breakfast, lunch and dinners.
· Using as much local produce on our remote tropical island as possible.
· Willingness to clean and participate in maintenance duties when required.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for candidates with the following attributes:
· Able to relocate to Remote Tropical Island from mid July.
· Able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends and public holidays.
· Experience in a similar role, creating and presenting dishes that not only taste great but look amazing too.
· Creative and passionate about food, local produce and providing high standards of food service.
· Positive attitude and ability to flexibly adapt to changes think on your feet and thrive under pressure.
· First aid certificate.
· Have a manual car drivers license and a preference to candidates with basic 4WD driving skills will be given.
· Love and respect for nature and have a passion for conservation, sustainable tourism and interest in birds and native flora and fauna.
When applying for the job you MUST answer these questions:
Have you been living in Western Australia for the last 14 days?
Are you available to relocate to Christmas Island in mid July?
Are you legally able to work in Australia without sponsorship?
What attracts you to working at Swell Lodge and living on Christmas Island?
Can you confidently drive a manual car and do you have any 4WD'ing driving experience?
Please send us photos of your food and yourself in the outdoor environment.
Postcode: 6798 (Christmas Island, Broome)
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: December 2018