TourRadar is an early stage, venture backed marketplace disrupting the $50bn tour operator industry. We're a marketplace to compare and book multi-day tours online and we work with hundreds of different tour operators all over the world. We differentiate ourselves from other tour booking sites and services in that the tours listed on our site are not structured around in-destination, individual activities, but rather around a holistic experience of adventure, culture, and landscape that takes the group on a journey of discovery and fun across their chosen destination. We are an innovative and fun company in the travel industry growing super fast.
We are looking for a Business Development Coordinator (BDC) to join our Brisbane office to support our team of Business Development Managers (BDMs) who are responsible for tour operator relationships across the whole Asia-Pacific region. Someone customer service focused, enthusiastic to start on a career in Sales & Business Development and wants to join our multinational team. You must like working in a fast paced tech environment, enjoy challenges, relish working independently and most importantly love to travel! If you're keen to start learning the business, we encourage you to apply!
Challenges and opportunities of the job?
- This position is responsible for supporting the team of BDMs as they work to grow sales with existing accounts and on-board new tour operators to the TourRadar platform.
- Your tasks will include monitoring and responding to the team inbox, preparing communication materials and maintaining reporting records as well as documenting and tracking progress arising from meetings with key partners and internal stakeholders.
- Understanding and being comfortable with basic technology is a must. Through provided training you will support the BDMs by creating online promotions for tour operators, assessing and responding to new applications to join TourRadar, creating user accounts for new tour operators and working with a range of internal team to ensure all operators are setup on the TourRadar website in a timely manner.
- You must enjoy working in a team atmosphere as the Co-ordination role will require you to liaise with our International teams for marketing, design, technology and more, to ensure that pending tasks for the BDMs are tracking to complete in a timely manner.
- You will have the chance to develop experiences as a travel professional to shape TourRadar and your own future growth as a Business Development Manager.
- We encourage all our team to bring an open mind, ideas and look forward to be able to communicate your thoughts with the entire team.
What can you expect?
- Building an understanding of the products offered by TourRadar partners across the globe will help you to understand the full operating scope of TourRadar.
- You will acquire knowledge of the TourRadar system to enable you to develop training materials, blogs and other content to support tour operators and BDMs.
- Customer service is key as we connect new partners, onboard their inventory and train their team.
- The work will be challenging because the industry we work in is continuously evolving and we are pioneering many new things.
- We are offering a full-time position, with a salary to be negotiated based on your experience.
- Other benefits include team building activities, free laughs and finally being able to join a team of international enthusiastic people who love doing what they do.
- 3 years experience minimum in a customer facing role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate directly in person and online.
- Experience with updating process and training documentation.
- Personal and/or professional travel experience to areas in which TourRadar sells.
- Well-organised and responsible with an aptitude in problem-solving.
Other skills and attributes:
- Natural self-starter, able to prioritise multiple responsibilities
- Extroverted, comfortable networking with partners to create beneficial business relationships
- Ability to think creatively to develop marketing materials & find solutions
- High standards of customer service and excellent communication/presentation skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making capacities
- Friendly, flexible and a sense of humour
- Crave challenges, a real self-starter!
- Enthusiastic to learn
- Passion for the travel industry
- International work environment with English as the working language
- Regular team outings
- Cake on your birthday!
Are you the one for this job? If so, get in touch today.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: March 2018
Book tours with confidence & compare, read reviews, meet guides & other travellers.
Our online magazine, Days to Come has all the inspiration you need: https://www.tourradar.com/days-to-come/
Find the best deals here: https://www.tourradar.com/deals
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism