Looking for 4 people to help out on our horse property. Preferably 2 couples travelling together - but open to 4 solo travellers.
We are moving to New Zealand and are hoping to be packed up and ready by the end of March. This means we need help packing up/cleaning/organising our current property.
- Daily property maintenance (picking up after horses)
- Fence fixing
- Packing furniture into a container
- Clearing our shed
- Gardening (whipper snipper, hedge trimming)
- House cleaning (thorough clean - skirts, windows, surfaces etc.)
The major one is packing all of our furniture into a container and then cleaning the house.
We only require 3 hours a day from you to do this. Work is in exchange for accommodation.
- One double bedroom (queen bed)
- 2 single rooms
- One large room with queen bed
Bathroom will be shared by any Backpackers on the property (max 4 people). It is a large bathroom with seperate toilet. We also have another bathroom available for your use.
You will have access to a large kitchen and a games room with pool table, air hockey and heaps of dvds.
Because we only require 3 hours of work a day from you we are happy for you to go off and find paid work in the area. We are 45 mins from Brisbane, 20 mins from Gatton, 15 mins from Laidley and 2 mins from Plainland pub, shops and restaurants.
You will need a car for this position - there is plenty of space for parking.
If you have any experience with horses this will be a bonus as we would like to have all horses bathed and groomed before going to their new homes. We also have tack that will need to be cleaned.
Just to be clear:
- 3 hours work every day in exchange for accommodation
- the rest of the day you are free to go off and get paid work/explore etc.
- we do not offer pay
- we do not sign off on visas
- you need a car
- horse experience isn't a must but would be a bonus (if you have horse experience we may be able to look at a pay option to clean tack and groom/bath horses)
We are looking for immediate starts - length of stay is up to you. We will need help from now until the last week in March.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: March 2018
Family property with horses, cats, dog and chickens.
Large Queenslander home with ample space on 30 acres
Farming, Animals & Conservation