The Midfield Group is a major player in the Australian Meat Processing Industry. A wholly owned Australian company with global reach, its main production facility is based in Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
Midfield has various positions available for immediate start within a stable work environment (additional overtime is available) for enthusiastic and hardworking individuals who are experienced or have no experience in meat processing.
Unskilled Meat Process worker
- Prepare carcasses for further processing, removing hide, hocks, and horns
- Trims and removes head meat, tongue and severs animal heads
- Operate Cryovac packing machine
- Packing meat into bag/box as per specification
Chiller/ Loadout/ Cold Store person
- Loading packed meat carton into container for freight
- Operates switching controls to direct carcasses from chiller-room rails to boning rails.
Skilled Boner/ Slicer/ Slaughterman
- Processing and separation of animal internal organs.
- Cut and separate meat, fat, and tissue from around bones.
- Cut sides and quarters of meat into standard meat cuts prepare them for packing and marketing.
- Scrape, and trims foreign material and blood clots from meat
- Operate restrainer equipment and air-knife (trimming)
- Slits open and trims animal carcasses
- You must be reliable, physically fit and willing to work as part of a team
- You understand the importance of good hygiene, attention to detail and following procedures
- You must have the ultimate right to come and work fulltime in Australia (38 hours/week)
- You must pass a drug & alcohol test and be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical if required
- Full Covid 19 vaccinations.
What We offer:
- Pay above award rates commensurate with experience
- Full time permanent employment 38 hours per week. All entitlements as per the National Employment Standard.
- 10% Superannuation on base salary contribution guaranteed
- Regular overtime at penalty rates available (7-10hr/week)
- Attendance and production bonus up to $200/week
- Reimbursement of pre-employment medical expenses (after 3 months continuous employment)
- Free accommodation first two weeks. Ongoing accommodation is available at discounted rates.
- Safe and supportive work environment
- Opportunity for career progression within our global organisation.
- On site canteen, parking and staff discount
Postcode: 3280 (WARRNAMBOOL, Victoria)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Midfield Meat Intenational
Member since: February 2019
Unskilled Production Labourers
The Midfield Group has a number of general labouring positions available at the Warrnambool meat plant.
To be successful the applicants will need to:
• Be able to work in a fast paced team environment with the common goal of producing a quality product in a safe manner.
• Have a keen eye for detail
• Be comfortable with handling raw meat product
• Have the flexibility to be able to work between both warm and cool environments
You should also possess the following qualities;
•Be physically fit
•Maintain a high level of personal hygiene
•Show good health and safety practices
•Be team orientated and have a strong work ethic
Rate starts from $26.80/ hr (AM shift)
$1000 incentive Bonus Apply.
Farming, Animals & Conservation