462 REGIONAL WORK APPROVED
Start date: Mid-March 2019
ENGLISH FLUENCY REQUIRED.
The Barkly Homestead is a busy roadhouse, bar and grill in the heart of the NT, 200km east of Tennant Creek. We are currently recruiting Kitchen Hands and Morning Cooks. We employ up to 25 people from all over the world. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
• Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
• Prepare, Cook and Present all food to Barkly standards
• Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
• Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
• Check quality of ingredients
• Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
• Ensure Cold Cabinets and Hot Boxes are stocked
We provide you with your own room with TV and air con as well as all meals. We charge $28.57 a day for food and rent. Staff can also make use of our pool, gym, table tennis and other activities when not at work. The pay is $25.28 an hour Monday to Friday and penalty rates on weekends and public holidays.
Requirements of the applicant:
• Previous experience working in high pressure kitchen in a necessity
• Hardworking and efficient
• Ability to work under pressure and in a team environment
• Quick learning (training is provided to a point)
• Speak FLUENT English
• Fun, friendly and outgoing.
We can sign second year working holiday visas for 462 visa holders only (NOT 417)
WE CANNOT ACCOMMODATE FOR STRICT DIETS (VEGAN/GLUTEN FREE/NUT ALERGIES ETC).
If this sounds like the job for you please email a copy of your resume to Kate. Applicant will not be considered without a current resume. More information is available on our website, Instagram, and Facebook.
Please note that it is 3 month minimum employment, no exceptions.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: January 2017
Barkly Homestead is a remote roadhouse situated on the Barkly Highway, halfway between Tennant Creek in the Northern Territory and Camooweal in Queensland. It is the first and only stop for travellers crossing the border into the Territory, providing welcome relief from an overall journey of over 460km between towns.
The Homestead provides a range of services to a broad customer base, including the local cattle stations, mining organisations, the trucking industry, aspects of aviation, both recreational and commercial, road repair crews, and most predominantly the many tourists seeking the marvels of the Australian outback.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism