462 REGIONAL WORK APPROVED
Start date: URGENTLY - Start of April
ENGLISH FLUENCY REQUIRED.
MUST HAVE RSA.
The Barkly Homestead is a busy roadhouse, bar and grill in the heart of the NT, 200km east of Tennant Creek. We are currently recruiting food and beverage attendants to work on the bar and serving counters. We employ up to 25 people from all over the world. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Receipt and dispensing of all monies
• Taking motel reservations, greeting guests
• Undertaking general waiting duties
• Preparing and mixing drinks
• Taking drink orders
• Cleaning bar areas
• Cleaning tables
• Picking up glasses
• Cleaning and care of glasses and equipment
• Practising proper workplace health and safety procedures
• Respond to customer requests in a professional and timely manner
• Offer assistance to customers
• Promote the employer’s services and facilities to customers when appropriate
• Make customers feel welcome
• Assist in maintaining customer service standards set by the employer
• Ensure your work area complies with the highest standards of cleanliness
• Ensure that customers are served in a professional and diligent manner
We provide you with your own room with TV and air con as well as all meals. We charge $25.71 a day for food and rent. Staff can also make use of our pool, gym, table tennis and other activities when not at work. The pay is $24.41 an hour Monday to Friday and penalty rates on weekends and public holidays.
Requirements of the applicant:
• hardworking and efficient
• quick learning (training is provided to a point)
• hold a valid RSA (you can get these online)
• Speak FLUENT English
• Fun, friendly and outgoing.
• Barista or bar experience is preferred.
We can sign second year working holiday visas for 462 visa holders only (NOT 417)
WE CANNOT ACCOMMODATE FOR STRICT DIETS (VEGAN/GLUTEN FREE/ETC).
If this sounds like the job for you please email a copy of your resume to Kate. Applicant will not be considered without a current resume. More information is available on our website, Instagram, and Facebook.
Please note that it is 3 month minimum employment, no exceptions.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: January 2017
Barkly Homestead is a remote roadhouse situated on the Barkly Highway, halfway between Tennant Creek in the Northern Territory and Camooweal in Queensland. It is the first and only stop for travellers crossing the border into the Territory, providing welcome relief from an overall journey of over 460km between towns.
The Homestead provides a range of services to a broad customer base, including the local cattle stations, mining organisations, the trucking industry, aspects of aviation, both recreational and commercial, road repair crews, and most predominantly the many tourists seeking the marvels of the Australian outback.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism