Where? About the region:
With world class attractions, unique landscapes and open skies (just wait until you see the stars), Longreach is a characteristically Australian town and an icon in the country's historical and cultural heritage. Situated in the heart of Central Queensland, the town is a friendly and welcoming community that prides itself on it's warm, traditional hospitality.
Who? About the employer:
An award winning and professionally run business, the company is an iconic part of the region, renowned for creating unforgettable outback experiences for guests. As well as tours, cruises, catering and a stone-grill, they also have the only Cobb & Co ride in the world that is allowed to take passengers at a gallop! This is an amazing opportunity to get an authentic taste of life on the land and the Australian Pioneer experience.
About the role:
We are looking for a qualified chef or experienced cook to work within the cafe/ restaurant and produce delicious country tucker (that's AussiJobse speak for authentic, country-style food)!
What's in it for you?
- Work/life balance- this is a Monday to Friday gig! Have weekends off to relax and explore all that the Australian Outback has to offer
- Seasonal, 6 to 7 month position- perfect for a working holiday visa or someone looking to experience Western Queensland
- Great hourly rate- get paid for every hour that you work and have secure, consistent roster
- Work in a tourist destination- get paid to see one of Australia's most unique and exciting regions
What are we looking for? You will:
- Have proven kitchen experience in a la carte restaurants, cafes and catering positions
- Produce high quality food and take genuine pride in the product
- Maintain high standards of food preparation and production in line with safety guidelines
- Baking experience and experience with home-style Australia cuisine will be a definite advantage
- Be composed under pressure and extremely well organised
- Have a can-do attitude and be able to work autonomously
- Be a creative thinker, quick learner and problem solver
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
This is a great role that could suit a backpacker or traveler with experience as a cook/chef, who is looking for a true Aussie Outback experience. Work for 7 months to earn, save and then see the rest of Australia!
This position could also suit a hospitality power couple, as we are also looking for a Front of House Supervisor to join the team.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
VP Training & Development
Member since: March 2019
Vanessa Pollock Training and Development was established in 2006. Its inception was driven by a love of the hospitality industry and all things to do with food, wine and above all… customer service. The business was established with the primary focus of strengthening the hospitality industry and to help operators ensure their venue, and their team, stood out from the crowd. We are committed to championing the hospitality industry and we work to ensure its growth as a career of choice not just one of convenience. We work to make the industry an attractive one for up and coming hospitality professionals. Our long-term vision is that this will directly improve the quality and availability of human resources within the hospitality pool.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism