Family home and horse property on 30 acres in Plainland looking for 2 backpackers travelling together or one solo traveller.
Work in exchange for accommodation with an opportunity to find paid work in the area.
- You must speak a good level of English as we need to be able to give you instructions and you go off unsupervised to complete tasks
- You must have your own transport. There is no public transport where we are and we cannot give you lifts. Own transport is a must to get to the shops and to get to any paid work you find
- You must like animals and be confident around cats, dogs, and horses. Our horses free roam so you must be okay with this
- You must be able to work independently without being supervised
- You must respect that we are on tank water and gas bottles
- You must be physically fit and able to lift boxes, move furniture, use wheelbarrows, do weeding, use machinery etc.
What we ask for:
We ask for 3 hours of work every day in exchange for accommodation. Wifi and food are not included in this. Accommodation includes:
- a generous double bedroom with built in wardrobes and TV
- large bathroom with separate toilet (shared with other backpackers - this will be no more than 2 others)
- another smaller bathroom for your use
- a lounge room shared with other backpackers on the property. Again this won't be more than 2 others. Lounge room has a fridge, storage, TV, couches, desk, chairs, magazines, DVDs and board games
- an outdoor section with table and chairs just for you and other 2 backpackers
- private access to the private section of the house
- you also have access to all other house facilities which include:
- ample dining areas
- large open plan kitchen with all mods and cons
- large entertaining deck
- large games room with pool table, air hockey, bar, entertainment unit with Wii, tv, and PlayStation
- laundry room
- lots of outdoor space including Fire Pit
- ample parking space
We cannot sign off on second-year visas and we do not offer paid work. BUT, because we only require 3 hours a day you can find paid work in the local area. We are a 2-minute drive from shops, pub, fuel station and food places.
Also only a 20-minute drive to Gatton where there is heaps of farm work opportunities and is a hub for backpackers.
45 minutes from Brisbane and 1 hour from Toowoomba.
- hedge trimming
- whipper snipper
- fixing fencing
- packing boxes
- moving furniture
- house cleaning
- poop scooping horse paddocks
- packing a container
We are moving to New Zealand the second week of April so need help with getting everything ready before the move.
We would like an immediate start and the ability to stay for 4-6 weeks.
It will be a pretty busy few weeks but we will not ask more than 3 hours a day from you - and if you find paid work we can be flexible on the timing of those 3 hours a day.
We work from home so will also be hands on deck with packing etc.
If you do not have transport please do not apply - as we cannot take on anyone without a car.
We are super laid back and are happy for you to take a night off here and there to go into the city. We do not mind you going off and doing your own thing (we actually encourage you to experience the beautiful Lockyer Valley).
Happy to give you great tourist spots, things to see and do. We can also provide you with numbers of contractors to find farm work with.
As mentioned we both work from home. So 90% of the time we will be on the property. Although we may ask you to puppy sit for us occasionally if we head out to the shops etc.
We are quite relaxed and easy going - we like a peaceful and clean house. But also like to kick back in the evenings playing pool and spending time with our horses.
We welcome you to join us in playing pool - and some nights we will offer to cook dinner. We always do a BBQ and firepit night before any backpackers we have on the property are set to leave.
So we are easy going and fun, but also like our own space. Some nights we are happy to entertain, others we will keep ourselves to ourselves (as we can get pretty busy during the day)
If you are interested in horses, we are happy to look at offering you a riding lesson or some grooming time.
Our animals will all be going to new homes in the time that you are with us, and our house will be packed up ready for us to leave - we would really like to have people to helps us during this process and as you can imagine it is quite a stressful/exciting/emotional thing so would like people we can share this with us and for it to be fun for all.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: March 2018
Family property with horses, cats, dog and chickens.
Large Queenslander home with ample space on 30 acres
Farming, Animals & Conservation