Who? About the employer:
An award winning and professionally run tourist destination, this company is an iconic part of the region, renowned for creating unforgettable outback experiences for guests. As well as tours, cruises, catering and a stone-grill, they also have the only Cobb & Co ride in the world that is allowed to take passengers at a gallop! This is an amazing opportunity to get an authentic taste of life on the land and the Australian Pioneer experience.
Where? About the region:
With world class attractions, unique landscapes and open skies (just wait until you see the stars), Longreach is a characteristically Australian town and an icon in the country's historical and cultural heritage. Situated in the 'Outback', in the heart of Central Queensland, the town is a friendly and welcoming community that prides itself on it's warm, traditional hospitality. Keep a keen eye out and you might spot a kangaroo or emu wandering past!
About the roles:
We are looking for a Chef/ Cook and a Front of House Supervisor to work in the cafe/ restaurant to produce and deliver delicious country tucker (that's Aussie speak for authentic, country-style food) and warm, country hospitality! The season runs from April to October and we are looking to fill these roles for the entire period.
What's in it for you?
- An Outback Adventure- get amongst the action and explore all that the Australian Outback has to offer
- Seasonal, 6 to 7 month positions- perfect for a working holiday visa or someone looking to experience Western Queensland
- Amazing roster- these are Monday to Friday gigs with a secure, consistent roster
- Great hourly rates- get paid for every hour that you work
- Work in a tourist destination- get paid to see one of Australia's most unique and exciting regions
What are we looking for? You will:
- Have proven experience in the kitchen and front of house of a la carte restaurants, cafes and catering positions
- Produce high quality food and service for guests
- Be composed under pressure and extremely well organised
- Have a can-do attitude and be able to work autonomously
- Be a creative thinker, quick learner and problem solver
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
These are great roles that could suit backpackers or travelers with experience in the hospitality industry and looking for a true Aussie Outback experience. Work for 7 months to earn, save and then set off and see the rest of Australia!
We are also open to filling these positions separately. Apply now!
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
VP Training & Development
Member since: March 2019
Vanessa Pollock Training and Development was established in 2006. Its inception was driven by a love of the hospitality industry and all things to do with food, wine and above all… customer service. The business was established with the primary focus of strengthening the hospitality industry and to help operators ensure their venue, and their team, stood out from the crowd. We are committed to championing the hospitality industry and we work to ensure its growth as a career of choice not just one of convenience. We work to make the industry an attractive one for up and coming hospitality professionals. Our long-term vision is that this will directly improve the quality and availability of human resources within the hospitality pool.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism