Station Cook and General Duties
Main responsibilities include cooking for staff, gardening, collecting of station stores, parts and other associated jobs.
• Enjoy cooking and be able to follow recipes, preparing three meals a day & smoko for 6-10 people (cold lunch)
• Be able to cook with beef and help with butchering as required with team
• Work independently
• Be hygienic - this is a must! You will need to maintain the main kitchen to a high standard of cleanliness
• Manage food stocks and menu planning
• Be able to handle big days on your feet
• Some domestic duties included
• Some yard maintenance – watering (mainly automated), mowing (ride on) etc (great to get out of the kitchen).
• Help plant and maintain a vegetable garden
• Manual Drivers Licence a must
• 5/6 days per week depending on mustering schedule
The applicant must be clean and presentable, punctual, have a good work ethic, display common sense, exhibit clean and tidy personal habits and act in a way that enhances you and your fellow workmates. (poor behaviour to others will not be tolerated)
Single Accommodation: this is a live in position with a ensuited cottage, air conditioning and TV. Internet is available at a monthly charge. There is NO mobile phone service at the station, however there is a staff landline and phone cards available. This is a great community to get involved in with plenty of local events in the area.
Situated 160km South West of Mount Isa Wage: $140.00 per day (accommodation and meals provided at no additional charge)
Can sign off on VISAs
Contact Jennifer Hacon Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Kallala Station - Hacon Pastoral Company
Member since: March 2019