Lake House (2 Chefs' Hats) – Australia's iconic and most consistently highly awarded Gourmet Retreat is located in Daylesford, 80minutes from Melbourne and is surrounded by some of Australia's best producers and growers.
We offer – Great conditions; career advancement; the benefits of working with a much-awarded professional team; an opportunity to develop, learn and interact with a network of excellent local growers supplying some of the best produce in Australia.
You will need - A good team work ethic; great cooking skills and a passion for creating beautiful food. Experience with contemporary culinary cuisine at a high level, an advantage.
- Ensure through constant assessment and vigilance the excellence of standards in preparation, cooking, presentation, service procedures and service times
- Assisting Head Chef and Sous Chef to ensure all menu items are documented, standardised and costed on an ongoing basis
- Assessing and maintaining service procedures and service times
- Maintaining agreed systems and standards for the stock control, stock rotation and food storage systems that will ensure maximum quality and minimum spilage
- Controlling food costs through portion and wastage control and regular kitchen stocktaking
- Ensuring all kitchen equipment, especially that relevant to section, is kept in good repair, is on a regular maintenance schedule and is kept track of through regular stocktakes, with equipment not in use for specific menus counted and appropriately stored
- Maintain a strong interest in contemporary culinary trends and consistently monitor and report on the work of other highly rated restaurants.
Assistance with long term visa available if required.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: July 2018
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism