We are seeking our next brewery assistant/offsider to join our family business near Orange NSW.
We operate a farm and brewery.... yes BEER, a sheep/crop farm and providing the best possible care for our 2 children.
- Previous experience brewing beer most likely at home or even better if you have experience in a commercial setting.
- You will understand what the word 'hustle' means, we hustle everyday with a sense of urgency. We get things done.
- You will appreciate the importance of quality assurance while you complete critical cleaning tasks on fermenters, bright tanks & canning line. We don't cut corners.
- You will have hands on previous interest in production equipment as we have a good basis to train you to operate our canning line which needs a technical mindset.
- Previously held a manual labouring style position; you need to be physically fit & be able to move kegs; 62kgs when full. Lift from van to trolley.
- You must be a competent and safe driver, no exceptions to this.
- Hold a Responsible Service of Alcohol card for NSW
- Have a love beer and have a basic understanding of how beer is made.
- Ideally enjoy meat, the team likes to crank the slow cook smoker on a Friday for lunch.
Have experience with livestock or at minimum not be afraid of sheep
Have experience or ability to safely operate a farm ute, a delivery van and a quad bike
As a person you will;
Have a mature and outgoing personality who is able to learn, retain those learnings and follow important instructions. We are making a product for human consumption. You must be on your game everyday.
Be flexible with hours some days will be longer than others or events are on weekends we need assistance with.
Be extremely organised and flexible - things change constantly in a business of this nature.
Be able to self-manage your work flow and over time be able to work unsupervised.
Not be afraid to get out around the farm, help out and get your hands dirty
Be a non-smoker – no exceptions.
Not be addicted to your smart device whilst at work.
We are a farm 25mins from the regional city of Orange NSW so you MUST be a competent & safe driver (there is some dirt road, a very cautious driving attitude is a must)
Please EMAIL an up to date resume, your current location & when you would be able to start. Ideally before our current WHV offsider heads back to the US mid July.
Please detail how you meet the above expectations in your cover email, your beer experience, your driving skills and if you have a current RSA card for NSW.
If you have no experience home brewing or have no connection to food/beverage production other than you like drinking beer, it is most likely you will not be who we are looking for. However we are certainly keen for you to drink 'Indie' beer whilst you are in Australia! Enjoy!
Cheers Tamara & Pete
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: January 2015
Farming, Animals & Conservation