Do you have a passion for great food? Are you skilled with a knife and know your way around butchering meat? Looking for a job in Australia which qualifies you for a second and third year visa option for working in a regional area?
Merrifield Farm is looking for a full-time Butcher/Small Goods Producer to join our on-farm team. We are a small family run farm and free-range pork producer in the Upper Hunter. We are a paddock to plate business, utilising our Berkshire Pigs, Speckle Park Cattle and local ingredients to produce a range of products and small goods.
We are looking for an experienced butcher/chef with a passion for food and food production. Our ideal applicant will be a self-starter who is able to work independently, and as part of the farm team.
Retail butchering of Merrifield Farm pork, beef and lamb including:
• Preparing meat for sale by removing bones, trimming fat and cutting, mincing and grinding meat to shape and size as ordered
• Preparing crumbed cuts of meat, and marinating, seasoning and curing special cuts
• Selecting and preparing meat to produce small-goods including our Salami range
• Operating machines to grind, mix, mince and tenderise meat
• Making seasonings and pickles by mixing spices, salt and other ingredients
• Operating sausage filling machines, smoking chambers, and cooking kettles and vats
• Advising customers on the suitability and uses of cuts of meat
• Weighing, packaging and pricing products.
• Production of finished meat products packaged for sale
• Production of value-added products and ready-to-eat products
Record keeping, cleaning and safety
• Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment
• Keeping records, budgets, and inventory.
• Performing quality inspections on meats and other products.
• Negotiating and confirming orders with suppliers.
• Adhering to food safety and sanitation controls and completing food safety diary
• Clean work areas to maintain health and sanitation standards
• Photographing meat and products for promotional activities and social media
• Meeting with chefs and retailers to promote Merrifield Farm products as required
• Other duties as required including but not limited to delivering orders to customers; attend training courses; represent Merrifield Farm at trade and award shows; and assisting with event stalls.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: July 2019
Merrifield Farm is a small family run farm and free-range pork producer in the Upper Hunter, NSW. We are a paddock to plate business, utilising our Berkshire Pigs, Speckle Park Cattle and local ingredients to produce a range of products and small goods.
Trades & Services