We're looking for an experienced person to join us for 3 months as our gardener/handyman on our outback cattle station.
Your role would require you to:
- maintain and upkeep the lawn and garden areas around the homestead complex;
- maintain the external cleanliness of all homestead buildings when required;
- mow the lawns using a ride-on lawn mower and push-mower, and maintain the machines in a good working order;
- use a whipper snipper and hedge trimmer for yard/garden maintenance;
- weed and maintain existing garden beds;
- move sprinklers in a timely and effective manner;
- feed chickens and other domestic animals daily;
- assist station staff with other jobs as required such as working in the cattle yards (limited);
- cook on a roster system for 3-4 other people when required.
- honest and reliable;
- able to work alone and unsupervised;
- keen eye for detail and able to prioritise and plan your own workday;
- valid VISA (copy required prior to job being offered)
- past experience in a similar role (with available references);
- ability to speak and read English well;
- Ability to acquire a Q Fever vaccination or willingness to sign a waiver prior to commencement. Information on Q Fever is available at https://www.qfever.org/aboutqfever. This role is classed as a low-risk position for Q Fever.
What you get:
- $163 per day (before tax)
- Mon-Fri work week (unless arrangements have been made for you to work the occasional weekend);
- food and board provided at no cost;
- 20GB wifi per month (approx);
- single air conditioned accommodation with shared bathroom, linen provided; and
- shared use of the staff social club including Foxtel TV, pool table, dart board, swimming pool and bar area.
Points to consider before applying:
- we are located quite remotely, some 330+km from our nearest larger towns of Winton or Windorah in western Qld;
- unless you have your own vehicle, it is likely that you won't leave the station for the 3 months that you are here for (station vehicles are not used for private use);
- applicants with medical conditions requiring regular monitoring or doctors visits may not suit this position due to our remoteness;
- there is no mobile phone service. You will have access to 20GB wifi monthly.
- the temperature will be quite warm, so you must be fit and capable to work outdoors for most of your working days and able to cope in 38-45 deg temperatures;
- we are unable to cater for vegans or vegetarians very well, so if you like beef and plenty of it, then we won't have any worries.
How to apply:
through the Backpacker Job Board website
Period of Employment:
early September - end of November 2019
19 August 2019
Additional employment opportunity:
We are also looking to employ an Au Pair/Domestic for the same period. Couples accommodation can be arranged if both parties can suitably qualify for both positions. Au Pair job id #65848.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Paraway Pastoral Company Ltd - Davenport Downs
Member since: December 2018
Farming, Animals & Conservation