Sunny Ridge Farms - Team Leader
•Sunny Ridge is a successful and unique privately owned Agri-foods business based on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula.
•Now with operations in Victoria and Queensland, farming across multiple locations and partnering with industry leaders and major customer groups, Sunny Ridge is one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the dynamic agri-foods industry.
•With a renowned Agri-tourism provenance, Sunny Ridge has generated affection for strawberry picking and consumption with Mornington Peninsula holiday makers for decades.
To continue to drive this growth, the business has vacancies for the role of Team Leader - Supervisor working on our Boneo farm, on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula.
Reporting to the Harvest Manager, you will be responsible for :
• Induction and training of pickers on best practices regarding harvest techniques
• Motivate, organize and build capability within the harvest team
• Ensure the field hygiene is respected at all times:
- accurate picking – no missed fruit, all out of spec fruit is removed from the plants
- the personal hygiene is meet
- the plants/bushes cleaned appropriately.
• Ensure the customer’s SPECS are respected throughout the harvest process
• Daily estimates
• Organize rotation of workers within he’s team
• Get to know each worker, work on motivating and encouraging the individual to achieve better results every day
• Capture and interpret the performance of each individual in the team by using the software and hardware provided by the company
• Focus on the individual that is underperforming- spend time with the person, asses where the person is going wrong and address the issue
• Produce a daily report as required
• Coordinate the required materials for the job such as: crates, punnets, buckets etc.
• Report to Harvest Manager everyday regarding productivity, meeting daily requirements, picking conditions.
• Drive the efficiencies and productivity within the team/teams
The ideal candidate:
• Would have a very good eye for detail, observe trends and patterns and pick up ways to bring efficiencies into the team
• Is ready to lead from the front
• Has excellent personal and communication skills
• Is confident to manage large number of people with a diverse cultural background
• Is happy to work part of a dynamic team
• Can accommodate early starts as the season requires
• Has he’s own transport and is independent
• Speaks good English
• Is available for at least 4-5months
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Sunny Ridge Farms
Member since: October 2019