Looking for a fun environment to work this Christmas season?
Hampers with Bite has been a leader in the corporate gifting sector for the past 17 years and we are on the hunt for the perfect fit to join our Warehouse team.
With fun incentives (FREE Pizza Fridays anyone?), an excellent location and young fun company we are the perfect fit for someone looking for casual, part-time, and full-time positions at our Maidstone warehouse location (right near Highpoint and tram spots).
Work will be ongoing as we approach the busy Christmas season.
- Great experience with warehouse work in a fast paced environment.
- Great inner city Melbourne location in Maidstone
- Easily accessible via public transport
- Very close to highpoint shopping centre.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
- Open boxes, crates and other containers
- Maintain inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory
- Prepare parcels for mailing
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Wear the proper safety equipment
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1-2 yrs previous warehouse experience preferred
- Good communication, organizational, time management mathematical skills
- Dependable and Reliable
- Inventory, Equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills may be required
- Forklift driving experience is not mandatory but will be given preference.
Physical demands and abilities:
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Postcode: 3012 (Maidstone, Melbourne)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Hampers with Bite Pty Ltd
Member since: August 2018