Qualified Chef / Cook
We are looking for an experienced Chef / Cook with an immediate start, for our Miss Jacqueline’s Restaurant located in the stunning coastal town of Albany in Western Australia. The restaurant is part of a Hotel/Motel that services a strong corporate clientele. It has a modern menu serving breakfast and dinner with a focus on fresh, seasonal local produce of a high quality and exceptional presentation.
As recent owners of the property we are embarking on a renovation program in the New Year and an exciting time to come on board with us as we grow the business. As part of this program we are looking for an experienced, dynamic and forward-thinking Chef and Cook to prepare delicious breakfast, dinner and some lunch-to-go meals.
We pay in line with the Industry Award plus benefits based on skills and performance demonstrated. The right person will be keen to work the full range of service in a small kitchen and understands the demands of hospitality work. This is a happy and friendly team and you’ll need to have a great attitude about your work and as a small team, be willing to clean and do general kitchen work when required.
Our ideal candidate will have:
• Passion and knowledge for quality food and wine,
• Formal trade qualifications or proven equivalent experience in a similar environment
• Proven ability to work within a team and autonomously
• Ability to prep ahead and cook food in a timely manner
• Ensure compliance with a high standard of food safety hygiene practices
• Proven experience in food prep, kitchen organisation, stock control, rotation, and ordering
• Professional attitude and ability to take direction
• Excellent communication and time management skills
• Honest, punctual and adaptable to a growing and changing business
• Ability to work flexible hours including weekend shifts, Public holidays and roster changes
• Strong work ethic and enthusiastic to learn & develop skills further
• The ability to keep calm under pressure and flexible to customer needs
• Be creative and bring fresh ideas to the team and consistently deliver high quality food
• Pride in your appearance and your work
If you are passionate about producing high quality gourmet and inspiring meals. You are hardworking, reliable and strive for the highest level of customer satisfaction, whilst enjoying yourself, we would like to hear from you.
The applicant must be an Australian citizen or have the correct working visa to work in Australia and also provide Australian Federal Police Clearances and or disclose any criminal charges
THIS IS AN EXPERIENCED POSTION. PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MEET THE REQUIRED CRITERIA*
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Best Western The Clarence On Melville
Member since: October 2019
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism