- Professionally managed & operated family farming operation
- Modern farming equipment
Our client is seeking a self-managed, reliable farmhand who is keen for responsibility and has previous broad acre cropping and hay making experience. The family owned mixed farming operation is situated near Canowindra in the Central West of NSW.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Safe operation of a wide range for of modern farming equipment in particular hay and cropping equipment; tractors, harvester, haymaking equipment, loader
- All facets of animal husbandry and stock handling
- Undertaking a wide range of farm and machinery maintenance as necessary; fencing, water, machinery, motors, welding as needed.
- Accurate record keeping skills essential to achieve a best practice farming operation
- Work to schedules factoring in weather events and conditions.
- Understanding and awareness of WHS obligations required for a farming enterprise
To be considered for this role you will:
- Have previous demonstrated experience operating in broad acre cropping and hay making operations and general farming equipment
- Previous experience within a family farming business
- Ideally hold a current Driver’s licence (preferably a Multi Combination Licence)
- Hold a current Chemical certification
As a person you will:
- Be honest, reliable, a clear communicator, with ability to follow direction to ensure the farming operation is productive and profitable.
- Demonstrate a safe working attitude at all times
- Have the ability to work independently, accept responsibility and work as part of the team.
- Hours of work will generally be Monday to Friday however the applicant must be able to commit to hours that support the operation during peak periods like harvest and sowing periods and a willingness to respond to out of hour emergencies in the absence of the farm owner from time to time.
A very competitive salary and housing/vehicle package is negotiable for the right candidate.
This position is best suited to a non-smoking candidate due to workplace risks.
Applications addressing in a letter or email how you meet the above criteria and including an up to date resume will be well received.
Postcode: 2804 (Canowindra, New South Wales)
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: January 2015
Pulse HR specialises in leadership behaviour & EQ development, employee engagement, strategic business-employee surveying and attraction-retention strategies.
Farming, Animals & Conservation