Hotel Food & Beverage Manager position in popular High Country Hotel
Come and experience Victoria’s High Country and work in our Hotel & Motel. Only 3.5 hours from Melbourne in the heart of the Alpine National Park our town Harrietville is a popular destination year round destination for skiers, campers, hikers, cyclists, mountain bikers, dirt bikers and 4wders.
Who we’re looking for…
A creative, passionate, person experienced in hospitality and food and beverage service that can help us continue to build our reputation as an iconic High Country destination.
This role will cover days and evenings in our Hotel restaurant and oversees the Hotel restaurant’s operations
- Good communicator, self motivated and capable of leading a young team, as well as select and train more waiting and kitchen staff when needed
- Experienced in working in restaurants and bars that serves an excess of 200 covers per night in busy season.
- Currently holds a Victorian RSA (we can assist with this if need be)
- Experience or passionate interest in helping us plan and organize events, functions & wedding sales, as well as grow their sales
- Entrepreneurial experience or ambition to help develop our venue as a destination and package tourism experiences in our region.
- High level of computer literacy is desirable for assisting with Hotel Admin, stock management, Marketing, PR, Email Marketing & Social Media Marketing.
- Knowledge with health and safety regulations to ensure restaurant is in compliance and well-presented
- Be able to manage stock and financial transaction records, set up the restaurant for service, take reservations, greet customers, take food and beverage orders and service of food and beverages
- Other tasks will include scheduling social media updates to support events and food and beverage promotions and offers, arranging, ordering and receiving stock, planning the restaurant menu with the Hotel’s chefs, and decide on the pricing of menu items
A bit about us…
Our Hotel, Harrietville Snowline Hotel (owned and managed by Snowline Leisure Group Pty Ltd), has become a local food, beer & wine destination serving a robust and growing four season tourist market and with strong local following.
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to work and live off the mountain in ski season. Our Hotel caters for numerous events, parties and weddings throughout the year allowing plenty of work for the right person.
What’s in it for you?
Young, professional team to work with in fun country pub atmosphere with owners who are passionate about food being the focus of their successful Hotel business.
This is a full time role starting with a casual trial period with salary of $60,000 - $70,000 per annum (including super) depending on experience and generous conditions. The seasonal nature of our business allows a great work life balance.
Harrietville is an amazing place to live year round and we can help with good value accommodation options. We have a great young team, host plenty of live music and when you’re not working you’ll have plenty of time for;
Mountain Biking & Hiking – with Mt Feathertop right on our doorstep.
Fishing- great trout fishing in the ovens river.
Skiing & Boarding in winter at Mt Hotham…only 30km away.
Interested?...Check out our website www.snowlinehotel.com.au and email us a cover letter and current cv with references
Postcode: 3741 (Harrietville, Victoria)
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
The Snowline Hotel
Member since: October 2011
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism