• Friendly, supportive team environment
• Full time, permanent opportunity
Marla Travellers’ Rest is a sprawling roadhouse, hotel/motel, restaurant, service station, supermarket and much more – all in one place. Located on the Stuart Highway since 1982, it provides a comprehensive range of facilities for travellers and locals alike.
A position has become available for an experienced Groundskeeper to maintain the extensive grounds and participate in ground construction activities. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, your duties will include:
• Planting shrubs, trees, and flowers.
• Pruning trees and shrubs.
• Removing debris from stairs and walkways, raking leaves and mowing lawns.
• Watering trees, shrubs, and lawns and performing irrigation activities.
• Spraying weeds using unrestricted chemicals as required.
• Operating ride on lawn mowers, edgers, hand tools, and large vehicles associated with ground maintenance and landscaping activities.
• Operating a utility vehicle and box trailer for hauling purposes and for rubbish and debris removal.
• Performing minor maintenance and repair on equipment and tools as required.
• Assisting in the maintenance of parking areas and other surfaces, including asphalt repairs and minor masonry or plastering work as required.
• Removing leaves and dirt from designated areas such as roofs, box gutters, walkways, and entryways as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of equipment, tools, and procedures of grounds construction and care.
• Knowledge of fertilizers, insecticides, and herbicides used in grounds care and gardening.
• Skill in operating grounds maintenance and grounds construction equipment.
One year of grounds maintenance experience, not essential, but advantageous or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
You must be comfortable working in very hot, dusty conditions and able to lift or carry heavy objects.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Northern Interests Pty Ltd
Member since: October 2018
Northern Interests is an organisation involved with remote area stores (often referred to as “Roadhouses”). It began with the purchase of the first business in 1998 and has now grown to 9 sites located in SA, NT and WA. We now have approximately 130 staff many of them living on premise in our staff accommodation.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism