Busy harness stable requires someone to saddle up our horses, wash and rug them and feed up, give supplements etc.
HOURS. Must be available on weekends. 600am - approx 12 Mon-Sat (days off TBC on start), 3 afternoons per week.
- Experience and be confident around large horses. Catch, lead, pick up hooves, rug etc. Race stable experience is a HUGE plus. Please detail how many years and what horse experience you have in your application.
- Be able to lift 25kgs (a bag of chaff)
- Speak and understand English as instructions are often detailed
- Horse work is very rewarding but it's hard work so you'll need to be fit
- Be reliable, FASTworking, HARDworking, proactive and honest.
- You'll need common sense and be able to put 2 and 2 together.
- You'll need to love giving horses cuddles and pats. Most of them are really lovely and friendly
This is a stablehand position so you will get dirty, we work rain hail and shine and it's hard work ??
If you can handle gearing, washing and looking after horses, feeding and filling waters, treating injuries and giving supplements, can work well unsupervised, work in a VERY fast paced and busy atmosphere, use your brain and follow instructions then please apply :)
Immediate start. Job is in Busselton WA
Paid accomm available in small shared cabin if required
Postcode: 6280 (Busselton, Western Australia)
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Barry Howlett Pacing Stables
Member since: September 2017