Rombola Family Farms is seeking a passionate and driven Farm Hand. The Farm Hand will assist in the efficient operation and management of the farm. The Farm Hand needs to be adaptable and prepare to multitask in harvest, soil preparation for planting, spraying activities, and other general activities. The role will operate tractors with implements they will also assist with minor repairs and maintenance of vehicles, assets, and equipment. The position is physical demanding and will require shift work with overtime hours.
Crops being produced on the two sites include almonds, wine grapes, citrus, mangoes, seedless watermelon, rockmelons, broccoli, and pumpkin.
Key operational accountabilities include:
• Assist in all the farm activities including but not limited to soil preparation for planting, spraying activities, harvest, farm general repairs.
• Operating tractor with attachment when required.
• Perform farm labouring and maintenance tasks (eg trellis repairs, irrigation repairs).
• Perform daily pre-start checks.
• Record information about crops, such as pesticide use, yields, or costs.
• Dig and plant seeds, or transplant seedlings by hand.
• Harvest fruits and vegetables by hand.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following:
• Minimum two years’ experience within horticultural industry is desirable.
• Knowledge and experience with precision ag technology
• Comfortable using modern technology such as smart phones
• Current unencumbered Driver's License
• Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with a can-do attitude
• Team player who can work effectively with people from different backgrounds
• Awareness and ability to adhere to WHS requirements
• Flexibility in hours worked to achieve operational targets
• A truck license, Chemical Accreditation (ChemCert) and a valid forklift license would be considered an advantage
In return we offer you
• A passionate and energetic team culture.
• Become a part of a progressive, vibrant business.
Who we areLocated 20kms North of Griffith, NSW, our company is a progressive, vibrant, privately owned business. We are involved in a range of agricultural enterprises including melons, pumpkin, broccoli, citrus, wine grapes and almonds, with operations spanning growing, packing, and marketing of produce.
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Erika firstname.lastname@example.org / 0499 444 717. To learn more about working with us, we encourage you to visit our website http://www.rombolafamilyfarms.com/
Postcode: 2680 (Griffith, New South Wales)
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Rombola Family Farms Pty Ltd
Member since: March 2020
The Rombola Family have been farming for over ﬁfty years since arriving in Australia from Calabria, Italy in the 1950’s. The family were part of a large group of Italian migrants who helped transform the Riverina and surrounding areas into a dynamic, enterprising agricultural region.
Today Rombola Family Farms sits on over 4,000 Hectares of premium horticultural land in the heart of the Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area (MIA); a central growing location of Australia. The company employs up to 200 seasonal contract employees through peak periods every year and services all national capital cities on a daily basis.
Rombola Family Farms grows produce under three flagship brands including; Rombola Family Farms, Green Gro and Amaland Agco.
Farming, Animals & Conservation