NEW STAFF NEEDED NOW
Please note - Persons outside QLD will need to do 14 days quarantine in QLD before coming to island.
South Stradbroke is an island about 10 minutes off the gold coast. We run a small camping area here. The majority of work is taking care of the camp grounds (South and North Currigee, google this to get an idea of where we are). Work will generally be repairs around the camp grounds, cleaning, gardening, and general maintenance.
We have a 3 week rule for the maximum amount of time to stay as this is the right amount of time to experience all activities the island has to offer and keep the place exciting before letting the next lot of workers come through.
If you do not enjoy yourself here or you have different travel plans you are welcome to leave at anytime.
- Take the boat out fishing (We have a small boat which is able to be driven without a licence)
- Use the paddle boards to cross between the islands on the calm water side.
- Snorkelling on the rocks on the southern tip.
- There is a world class surf spot at the Southern end of the island and smaller waves in front of our house for beginners. (We have a variation of hard and soft surfboards for you to borrow).
- Take the boat to the shops (runaway bay shopping centre is on the water)
- Go fishing and crabbing with crab pots
- Have a fire on beach
- Drive the boat to one of the islands beach resorts.
- Take the dog for a walk.
- I also go spear fishing usually once a week to get fish for dinner. If you would like to give this a try you are welcome to come with me (you will only be snorkelling until you have proven yourself safe).
Accommodation is in a cabin about 80m from the calm water and about 300m from the surf side of the island. The cabin is in a conservation park where you will commonly see kangaroos and other wildlife.
Backpackers have their own hangout area next to their cabin with air con, WiFi, couches, and projector screen. You also will have your own refrigerator, kettle, microwave, sink, toaster and BBQ to cook your own food.
This is a work for accommodation position and we're looking for 2 persons to help out with whatever needs doing for the day for usually about 3 hours (sometimes more sometimes less).
We do have a dog named Yarra, so if you don't like or are allergic to dogs please keep that in mind.
If you would like to apply for this position, send through your resume, and why you believe you'd be the best candidate for the job.
Applications are only taken via the backpacker job board website.
Emily + Lachlan
All the photos below have been taken on the island.
Postcode: 4216 (Runaway Bay, Gold Coast)
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
South Stradbroke Water Sports
Member since: March 2018
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism