We are a family farm located in WAs Great Southern near the Stirling Ranges (150km NE of Albany, 450km SE of Perth). We are seeking two casual staff to join us for our upcoming swathing and harvest. Starting towards the end of September we will start our contract swathing which will continue up to the start of our own harvest.
This year we will be harvesting approximately 3700ha which is made up of wheat, canola, barley and faba beans. We expect the season to start mid-October through to the end of December.
We are seeking staff with the following:
• Header/tractor driving experience (strongly preferred)
• Mechanically minded
• Current driver’s licence
• Can work long hours
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Pay starting at $25/hr (but can increase based on experience, skills and performance)
• Operating swathers, headers and chaser bin tractor for swathing & harvest operations
• Maintaining the machinery: daily greasing, blow down, and fuelling etc.
• Misc. farm duties if weather does not permit harvesting: fencing, sheep work etc.
• House with private rooms for on farm accommodation which will be shared with other employees.
• Meals provided while harvesting and breakfast is provided for you to prepare at home.
• A farm ute will be provided for work and can be arranged for trips to town
These roles are open to Aussies & WHV holders with relevant experience. *Applicants must already be in Western Australia (due to closed border) with a legal work permit. *Applications without a resume or references will not be considered.
Postcode: 6338 (Ongerup, Western Australia)
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: August 2020
We are a broad-acre mixed cropping & sheep family farm located in the Great Southern of Western Australia near the Stirling Ranges.
Farming, Animals & Conservation