With a busy season already predicted for summer, Seedtech is now seeking a full-time, part time or casual employees to help with the seed processing. The role is significant to the agricultural industry and selects, setup, adjust and monitor the appropriate seed processing, seed treatment and packaging equipment for each specified job in an efficient and safe manner whilst maintaining the quality desired of the customer.
The key tasks are:
• Monitoring of product quality for seed, food, and export products.
• Record and advise the Plant Manager of maintenance requirements, inventory and supply requirements for processing jobs.
• Recording of all production data, calibrations, and chemical use.
• Interpretation of Job Cards for specified tasks.
• Preparation, operation and adjustment of seed processing, seed treatment, automated palletising and wrapping, packaging equipment and specialised equipment for the specified job.
• Preparation of chemicals (including mixing), labels, bags, tags, pallets, and all other consumables for the specified job.
• Calibration of seed processing, seed treatment, packaging and weighing equipment.
• Seed sampling for official and in house (quality assurance / commercial) purposes in accordance with ISTA principals and the rules of seed sampling lots.
• Load and unload bulk seed.
Full training will be provided but if you have any of the following skills it will be highly advantageous but not essential:
• Prior experience in a seed processing plant.
• Computer skills.
• Sound mechanical knowledge.
• Operate conveyors and elevators.
• Load and unload bulk grain trucks.
• Forklift Licence.
• Chemcert Accreditation.
• First Aid Certificate.
Postcode: 2594 (Young, New South Wales)
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Seedtech Pty Ltd
Member since: August 2020
Seedtech is an independent company formed in July 2000, based in Young in The Hilltops region of NSW. We provide the seed industry with a facility which offers high quality processing, enhanced seed treatments, and timely distribution to rural agriculture on Australia’s east coast.
Seedtech has invested in a colour sorter, this machine has provided companies with the ability to have their product colour sorted and shaped. This then gives a more uniform seed product.
Seedtech has the latest state of the art equipment to process, enhance, package and distribute quality seed lines and quality grain for export and human consumption. This equipment includes a Vertec 6600 Grain Dryer - a strategic investment to ensure crop production is efficiently handled and ready for processing.
Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics