We are looking for a charismatic and independent individual to drive to schools in Tasmania in October to engage primary school students with our CSI programmes.
Who we are: Education Interactive is Australia’s widest-reaching Forensic Science outreach program. We use the lens of forensics and the power of storytelling, to bring the science taught in class to life. We currently run workshops in Australia, Ireland and the United Kingdom.
· Presenting forensic science workshops to groups of 60-80 primary school students
· Liaise with the teachers of pre-booked schools
· Setting up and packing down the presentation equipment each day
· Planning and organising your own travel
· Travelling around Tasmania for a few weeks in October.
· Science, education, or communications background
· Excellent communication and organisational skills
· Clear and engaging presentation style
· Driver's license and reliable car
· ABN and undergo a working with children check
What we offer:
· Being part of the largest Australian-based international science outreach program!
· Exciting work involving travel
· Autonomous work
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN. Please email resumes with at least two professional references and cover letter addressing the selection criteria below.
Please briefly outline:
1. Any teaching, presentation, or performance experience you have providing evidence of your engaging style.
2. Your experience in science or science communication.
3. Any situations or experience that demonstrates your ability to work independently and displays your organisational skills.
Training: End of September
Expected Start Date: 05/10/2020
Job duration: 2-3 weeks
Salary: $140.00 – $595.00 per day
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: September 2020
Education & Training