Sunny Ridge Farms - Quality Controller – Mornington Peninsula
• Sunny Ridge is a successful and unique privately owned Agri-foods
business based on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula.
• Now with operations in Victoria and Queensland, farming across multiple
locations and partnering with industry leaders and major customer groups,
Sunny Ridge is one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in
the dynamic agri-foods industry.
• With a renowned Agri-tourism provenance, Sunny Ridge has generated
affection for strawberry picking and consumption with Mornington
Peninsula holiday makers for decades.
To continue to drive this growth, the business has vacancies for the role of
Quality Controller working on our Mornington Peninsula farms.
Reporting to the Packing Shed Team Leader, you will be responsible for
performing quality assessment and testing of products, materials and
equipment and providing ongoing feedback and advice to Production.
Your main responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Participate in improving staff understanding of food safety procedures
and practices in the course of daily duties
• Conduct product assessments of incoming and finished products
• Conduct product shelf life assessments and reporting to the relevant
• Conduct daily checks to comply with our QA requirements
• Liaise with Packing Shed Team Leader and QA Manager on quality
• Record and report assessment results, observations, measurements
and corrective actions
• Provide feedback to the Packing Shed Team Leader on quality of
incoming and finished products
Skills and Experience
• Qualifications in or studying towards Food Science or related discipline
would be favourable
• HACCP Training or experience would be advantageous
• Experience in fresh produce or food production would be ideal but not a
• High attention to detail with the ability to observe trends and patterns
and identify non conformance
• Must be confident with technology such as hardware and IT systems
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively in
a multicultural environment
This is a seasonal, casual opportunity working from October 2020 to May 2021. Excellent availability will be highly regarded as there will be an opportunity to work up to 6 days per week; including weekends and public holidays. Shift times vary according to operational needs.
You must have your own transport as there is minimal public transport available to our farms.
Postcode: 3928 (Main Ridge, Melbourne)
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm
Member since: September 2020
Farming, Animals & Conservation