•Sunny Ridge is a successful and unique privately owned agri-foods business growing strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. With operations in Victoria and Queensland, farming across multiple locations and partnering with industry leaders and major customer groups, Sunny Ridge is one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the dynamic agri-foods industry.
The business has vacancies for the role of Team Leader working on our Boneo farm in the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, Victoria.
Reporting to the Harvest Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Induction and training of pickers on best practices regarding harvest techniques
• Ensure the field hygiene and health and safety practices are respected at all times:
• Ensure the customer’s needs are at the front of mind when picking high quality fruit
• Organize rotation of workers within the team and crops
• Get to know each worker, work on motivating and encouraging the individual to achieve better results every day
• Focus on the individual that is underperforming- spend time with the person, asses where the person is going wrong and address the issue
• Coordinate the required materials for the job such as: crates, punnets, buckets etc.
• Report to the Harvest Manager each day regarding productivity, meeting daily requirements, picking conditions
• Drive the efficiencies and productivity within the team/teams, and produce daily reports on performance
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
• Very good eye for detail, observe trends and patterns and pick up ways to bring efficiencies into the team
• Willing to lead from the front, working hands on in the field
• Excellent personal and communication skills
• Confidence in managing large number of people with a diverse cultural background
• Sound English speaking skills, with the ability to multi languages highly regarded
This is a seasonal, casual opportunity working from October 2020 to April/ May Excellent availability will be highly regarded as there will be an opportunity to work up to 6 days per week, each week including weekends and public holidays. Shift times vary according to operational needs with the earliest shift start time generally 6:00am.
You must have your own transport as there are minimal public transport available to our farms.
You must have valid working rights in Australia to apply.
In addition to your CV, please include information on the following areas:
- Details of your address/area that you are currently living (or plans for accommodation)
- Details of your ability to travel to and from farm locations (e.g. licence and own vehicle)
- Details of your VISA if applicable
- Availability to commence work
- Ongoing weekly availability
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Sunny Ridge Farms
Member since: October 2019