Waste and Recycling Sorters 6-8 Week Position - Cairns
We have a 6-8 week position available as a waste and recycling sorter in a research team. The roles include physical waste sorting, data entry and vehicle driving. We may have other or ongoing work nationally if the successful candidate(s) can travel.
- May need to TRAVEL across Queensland. Generally at least two weeks away at time.
- ABLE to lift up to 20kg.
Experience with waste is preferred, general literacy is important and computer literacy is preferred but not vital. This is mainly a hands on and physical role.
The role involves waste auditing including:
- Bin collection, generally early starts, such as 4-5am.
- Waste and recycling sorting and bin surveys.
- Application of teamwork.
- Often travel nationally (weekends away frequently required).
- Safety awareness and site management.
- Vehicle driving (including manual is preferred).
- Liaise with members of public.
- Write data.
The successful candidate(s) will be:
- Holding a valid WHS card.
- Wanting to work in the waste and recycling industry.
- Able to work as a team.
- Physically strong within safety standards.
- Accepting of early starts, late finishes and/or flexible hours around projects.
- Willing to travel nationally (paid travel).
- Able to follow all company policies and procedures.
The role will be casual, at least initially, generally with full-time equivalent hours by year with extra hours. The hours will vary per week.
Postcode: 4870 (Cairns, Cairns)
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: October 2017