The House of Honey is looking for an experienced (minimum 2 years) beekeeper to work in a seasonal capacity from Oct to April (6 months). Experience is essential and you must be able to work independently. Based on a 38 hour week, night shifts and weekend work may be required during the season. This position is eligible for second working visa applications and ideally you are living in Australia already.
To be successful in the role you will:
• Have knowledge of general beekeeping
• Be able to work flexible hours, in varying conditions, including outdoor and away from home
• Be able to lift heavy weights
• Not be allergic to bees
• Have a current drivers license
• Work as part of a team
Your duties would include but are not limited to:
• Breeding of queen bees and maintaining healthy bee population
• Knowing ideal conditions for maintaining good health of beehives
• Identify pest & diseases
• Beehive care, management and maintenance
• Bee removal
• Shifting of beehives including delivery and pickup
• Honey removal from hives
• Assisting in honey extracting shed
• Cleaning of extracting room
• Wood work; repair of hives
• Programming and planning for all aspects of beekeeping and hive removal
• Maintain knowledge of beekeeping
• General labouring
Postcode: 6056 (Herne Hill, Western Australia)
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
The House of Honey
Member since: October 2020
The House of Honey proudly specialises in raw, pure, unpasteurised and unadulterated varietal honeys. We practice harvesting honey only when our bees have capped the cells allowing the honey to fully ripen and mature into an exceptional taste. Our guarantee to you is to provide premium top quality West Australian honeys with intense flavours and the highest nutritional value using traditional and sustainable farming methods.
Farming, Animals & Conservation