Part time position, approximately 20-25 hrs per week, weekday and weekend shifts, can lead to full time hours in the future
We are looking for an experienced operations manager for our two hostels in Albany. The successful candidate will be responsible for two very busy backpacker hostels with a total of 120 beds.
Key responsibilities include:
- Daily hostel operations, all aspects of customer service, email and web bookings, phone bookings, complaint and dispute resolution, stock take, maintaining cleaning schedules, organizing entertainment for guests
- Training/organizing and supervising of staff
- Support role for in-house employment agency, experience in farming industry will be looked upon favorably
- Record keeping and daily cash management
- Policy and Procedure implementation
- Hands-on cleaning duties are required
- Good leadership skills
- Business or managerial background
- Be able to inject energy into a team
- Strong sense of initiative and able to work independently
- Tourism industry knowledge
- Problem solving skills, decision making skills and conflict management abilities
- Outgoing and responsible persona
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated person with a hands on approach
- Extensive travel experience
- Sound computer skills
- Drivers license
- Full work rights in Australia
Albany is a beautiful coastal city located on the south coast of Western Australia. Surrounded by seven National Parks it is a truly amazing place to be. All year around you can enjoy surfing, fishing, snorkeling, diving, hiking, boating and in winter the humpback whales and southern right whales visit our waters and offer a unique whale watching experience for tourists and locals. Albany is a popular destination with budget travelers, leisure and business travelers. There is a steady tourist and visitor stream all year around.
To apply for this position, please send through your current resume.
Postcode: 6330 (Albany, Western Australia)
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: July 2017