About Burlington Farming
Burlington is a dynamic family-owned farm, located just outside of the local town of Cressy, on fertile soils of the Macquarie River, in the Northern Midlands.
Established in 2010, Burlington Farming (Burlington) is a large, irrigated pasture and turf seed cropping agribusiness, with a small livestock enterprise. Burlington has a new on farm seed cleaning facility, which cleans, process and bags a variety of forage seeds for both domestic and international markets.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for enthusiastic and hardworking harvest drivers to join our team for the upcoming harvest season. These are casual seasonal positions from December 2020 to May You will be required to operate a variety of farming machinery, undertaking a variety of tasks which will include operations on farm and within the seed plant.
If you want to be part of a small and enthusiastic team, up for a challenge and you possess a positive “can do” attitude, this role is for you.
This position will also qualify you for your 2nd and 3rd year working holiday visa.
1. Operation of various machines, including headers, windrowers, balers and tractors
2. Undertake a variety of ground preparation and harvesting duties
3. Work in a safe and reliable manner in line with Work Health and Safety operations for a farm environment
4. Be reliable and manage tasks allocated to you in set time frames
5. Work unsupervised as an individual but towards achieving team goals
1. Previous experience in the operation of headers, windrowers, balers and tractors
2. Preference given to people with experience in harvesting but also irrigation and ground preparation
3. A current drivers’ licence and reliable transport
4. The ability to work as part of a team
5. Ability to follow direction and work unsupervised
6. Maintain machinery to the high standard set by management
7. Not suffer from asthma or hay fever
1. Forklift Licence
How to Apply
To apply please send a cover letter and your resume to outlining your relevant experience and include 2 contactable employment referees.
Postcode: 7302 (Cressy, Tasmania)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: September 2018
Farming, Animals & Conservation