About Burlington Farming
Burlington is a dynamic family-owned farm, located just outside of the local town of Cressy, on fertile soils of the Macquarie River, in the Northern Midlands.
Established in 2010, Burlington Farming (Burlington) is a large irrigated pasture and turf seed cropping agribusiness, with a small livestock enterprise. Burlington has a new on-farm seed cleaning facility, which cleans, processes and bags a variety of forage seeds for both domestic and international markets.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a warehouse labourer to join our team. This is a casual seasonal position from December through to the end of May. We operate two shifts, and you will be on a rotating roster of day or night shifts.
You will be working in a team who are responsible for bagging off at the seed head and stacking pallets. You will be reporting to the Cleaning Plant Manager. This position is very hands on and as such the successful applicant must be willing to undertake physical tasks (bags weigh 25kg), have attention to detail, good communication skills and experience in a warehouse.
If you want to be part of a small and enthusiastic team, up for a challenge and you possess a positive “can do” attitude, this role is for you.
This position will also qualify you for your 2nd and 3rd year working holiday visa.
1. Assist with the movement and correct storage of seed on site in preparation for processing
2. Understand the basic setup of seed processing to ensure maximum throughput and quality of final product
3. Assist with the preparation of bags in line with the seed cleaning specifications sheet
4. Assist with data collection during and after the seed has been processed
5. Assist with the storage and dispatch of seed from the cleaning plant
6. Assist with the blending, mixing and/or re-bagging of seed stock in line with the blending specification sheet
7. Carry out, or assist with, basic maintenance of the all seed cleaning machines and associated plant equipment and buildings
1. A strong hands on approach
2. Be physically fit
3. The ability to work as part of a team
4. Not suffer from asthma or hay fever
5. Current drivers licence and reliable transport
Forklift licence (optional)
Postcode: 7302 (Cressy, Tasmania)
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: September 2018
Farming, Animals & Conservation