We are hiring!
Sow & Piglets Guesthouse (formerly Port Campbell hostel) is looking for housekeeping and hospitality superstar!
Starting date is currently subject to Melbourne lifting its restrictions and travel permits into regional Victoria!
We are running boutique guesthouse on the Great ocean road, just stone throw away from 12 Apostles. We offer accommodation in 20 rooms, both private and shared, we also house a brewery and ever popular Sow and piglets brewpub.
Perfect candidate MUST have proven experience in housekeeping and behind the bar. Reception experience highly desirable, but not necessary. Typical day shift split is housekeeping in the morning and working behind the bar in the afternoons and evenings. Housekeeping involves making up beds, vacuuming, washing floors, toilets, showers, laundry and general upkeep of the guesthouse. We are looking for someone who will commit to stay with us for entire summer season, especially Xmas and New Years. Please don’t apply if you have another plans.
Skills and attributes:
- Housekeeping - must be able to work unsupervised, flexibility and attention to detail is paramount. Ability to learn, every day is not the same. Must be physically fit.
- Bar work - we are brewpub, we love our beers. Must be willing to learn all there is to know about beers and beer making. Current Victorian RSA is a must. We will provide all the training needed. Experience in working behind the busy bar is certainly advantage.
- We serve people form all walks of life, proven people’s skills are highly desired. You dont have to be an entertainer, but you will be the face of the business, therefore high level of professionalism is required.
- Must have valid work visa .
- Must speak English to be able communicate with patrons and guest.
- Drivers licence advantageous, plus the car, but not necessary. Port Campbell is quite far from anywhere and there is very limited public transport running through.
- Must be self reliant. Port Campbell is small quiet town, with very little entertainment, dont expect much of a nightlife here. If you love nature and walks, then you will fit in.
- Must think on its own feet and outside of square. There will be times when you need to make decision quick sticks.
- Must have at least 2 checkable references from last 2 employers. Meaning, two names with two mobile phone numbers and two email addresses bearing the name of the business you have worked for.
What do we offer:
- Great working environment with lot of freedom and independence once training is completed. You will learn all about running guesthouse, pouring beers and will definitely get involved in beer making.
- Award winning wages as per hospitality guidelines.
- Accommodation on site, very attractive weekly fee.
- You will meet lot of great people, learn new things and tricks and we will send you away with great recommendations!
Postcode: 3269 (Port Campbell, Victoria)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Sow and Piglets Guesthouse
Member since: November 2020