Parkside is a family owned; Queensland based Hardwood Sawmilling Company which prides themselves in state of the art production of decorative, structural and joinery hardwood products. Currently we are seeking applications for entry level Mill Hands at our hardwood sawmill operation in Wandoan. Wandoan is situated in the Western Downs Region of Queensland, Australia approximately 406 kilometres north west of Brisbane.
About the role:
If you would enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are not afraid of a challenge, Wandoan mill could be looking for you! Your tasks might include:
• General labouring/trade assistant tasks
• Processing and packing work
• Manual handling of timber
• Assisting with stocktake
• To ensure timber stacked is tallied and packaged to specification.
• To set aside any material which is not up to specified grade
• Ability to meet deadlines and goals
• Ability to work as part of the team and individually
• Be physically fit and able to perform repetitive manual handling tasks
• Sound numeracy and literacy skills
• Ability to show initiative and motivation
• Ability to take direction.
• Ability to comply with and adhere to Parkside Policies and Procedures
What we can offer:
• Cheap accommodation on site
• Competitive above award hourly rates
• Ongoing training and development
• Secure ongoing employment
Please note - successful candidates will be required to undergo drug and alcohol screening.
How to apply:
If you have what it takes to be a Mill Hand, we would like to hear from you. Applications including a covering letter and resume should be forwarded to email@example.com.
Serious applicants, who reside in or have the ability to relocate to Wandoan, need only apply.
Postcode: 4419 (Wandoan, Queensland)
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: November 2020